Hold down Control (PC) or Command (Mac) key + mouseclick to select more than one option
East Broward >
American (New) >
Kaluz Grill & Bar
Posted by Rick Vogel on 12/08/2014
Food is good, attention to detail, preferences, and management is poor. They don't care. I ordered a burger with no bacon. The waiter was good - he repeated, "no bacon". The burger came back with bacon hidden under the cheese. I was two bites into it before I realized I ate bacon. I haven't eaten bacon in 30 years. I don't eat bacon. This was a huge mistake. The waiter was very kind, and very apologetic and very good - I didn't want any money back, or anything, I just expect not to eat bacon when I specify that I don't want bacon. He brought me another burger - without bacon - unnecessary, but very kind. I then asked to speak to the manager. The manager showed up - he was one foot out the door when I began to speak. He couldn't care less - too busy to listen to me. He said that "90% of the time the orders go out right..." What about the remaining 10%? Not important? At $15.00 for a martini, and $16.00 for a burger, everything should be perfect, but it's nowhere near that. I can deal with a mistake, but not with being treated like I'm an annoyance, too much to deal with on a busy night. He said he would speak to the kitchen, with one foot out the door it could not have been more obvious that he had no intention of doing so. We won't eat there again.
Posted by Christoph on 12/08/2013
Highly disappointed in Kaluz. Had much higher expectations. The place is clean and most waterfront dining in Fort Lauderdale evokes a pleasant atmosphere, but they rely too heavily on it. The food is "meh." Not impressed for the price. Service is sub par. Both visits we felt neglected and unappreciated. From chefs to servers this place is highly overrated. Third time will not be a charm because we will not be back!
Posted by Sean Kajcienski on 10/29/2013
I took friends to Kaluz again Saturday night, Oct 26. The meal was amazing. My friends were impressed. We had a gorgeous view of the water and the service from Melissa was perfect. Her timing, knowledge and attitude made the experience exceptional. I also noticed that the restaurant is immaculately clean from the floors to fixtures, restrooms, etc. I'll be going back soon and telling others about this terrific dining gem.
Posted by Sobeee on 08/30/2013
The atmosphere and the view of the inter-coastal are great. Unfortunately thats where the excitement of Kaluz ends. The food is below average and the service is extremely inconsistent. Many of our meat items had to be sent back -- meat was all overcooked. Burger had tough bits in it. Server nice but not properly trained, I had to help him open our bottle of wine because he didn't know how... had to flag down other staff.
Posted by bob on 07/16/2013
The location and the atmosphere are excellent. Unfortunately, Kaluz is poorly managed, the staff is poorly trained and the food inconsistent. My last visit, a waiter drenched my son in ice tea, we got rained on at an outside table in the midst of dinner, then my wet party waited inside for 10 minutes only to be handed a full check, which I paid without even the courtesy of a manager speaking to me. Will not be back...
Posted by Mary on 06/14/2013
I was really excited about this restaurant initially. Like to go to dinner/HH by boat. The restaurant is aesthetically nice, very nice outdoor bar. Instead of improving, it seems to be getting worse. The bar tenders are inattentive, even when it is not that busy. The food is not great. There are too many really good restaurants in Fort Lauderdale to pay top dollar for mediocrity.
Posted by Nikki on 04/08/2013
Well,since I live on the same block, I've been there a lot. First few weeks food was really good. Now that they been open a while , The last few times the food came out cool. Pork Tenderloin I would like hot, side dish crab mac and cheese again cool. Servers are well informed, But the bartenders not so, inside and out. Seems like they need that third bartender, mostly when its that HH time . Bartenders not so social. Well I guess my local restaurant on my corner my not be my local restaurant/ bar any longer. But giving it one last chance today, 4/8/13, I'm taking my mom. Time will tell.